Sunday, September 22, 2013

Bountiful Blessings



Hi all! Lots of exciting stuff happening in the little town of Thatcher lately :D
Since it is officially Sunday (it’s 12:03 right now) I’ll start out with some spiritual insights and stuff :D So once I got to college I started keeping what I call a “prayer journal.” When I say my evening prayers, I write down the stuff that I asked for in blue pen in bullet points, leaving a few lines of space in between each one. Then when my prayers are answered I write in red pen how the prayer was answered. This helps me to recognize when I’m having my prayers answered and makes it easy for me to remember to give thanks where credit is due. Not to mention build my faith immensely. I’d recommend trying it out sometime. Anyways ever since I started this prayer journal, I’ve had every prayer answered in less than two days. And I’m not praying for little things either! For example: three nights ago I prayed for assistance financially. I needed money, I said I was willing to work, and I didn’t care what source the money came from. The next day I got offered a 5 hour over time job for Friday, I got a call from a local soccer referee asking me to ref this saturday, I got an email from the school saying I have $460 extra from my scholarship that needs to be claimed, AND I found $15 on the ground. I’m going to give the $15 for fast offerings next month, but the rest is going to help me sooo much! And this isn’t the only time something like this has happened. I see answers to my prayers EVERY DAY right now. Maybe it’s because I’m more aware of what it is I’m praying for so I recognize the divine help when it comes, or maybe HF appreciates me writing it down so he blesses me a bit more. Either way, life is pretty good right now, just because Heavenly Father is taking such good care of me.


Alright time for the more interesting stuff. These past few weeks have been pretty insane in more than a few ways. For one thing (excluding last wednesday when I went to bed at 9) I don’t think I’ve made it to bed before 1:30 or 2 for the past 3 weeks. Actually (besides Wednesday) I don’t think I’ve ever gone to bed before midnight. This would probably be fine for a college kid, except that I actually have a 7:00 class three days a week, and an 8 class on the other days, so I’m averaging 4-4:30 hours of sleep a night.
Another thing that’s been pretty crazy about this week and last week was all the performances I’ve had. I’m in GUYZ and we were asked to be the entertainment at the schools 125th anniversary banquet along with Jazz band and Forte (the girls version of guyz). It was alot of fun. We sang 40 hour week by Alabama, and adapted the lyrics to apply here. That was the opener song that was supposed to be like a thank you for everyone who works kind of thing. I had the starting and the ending solos in that one (which were my first solos ever by the way!) and I completely messed up the first one, but it didn’t matter because no one was listening in the beginning. By the end of the year I hope to be able to sing solos confidently.
My boss recorded both of them for me with her phone.
Here’s 40 hour Week



The other song we sang was Next To Lovin’ From Shenandoah. This one was really fun. We do a slow motion fight and everything. The best part is the facial expressions of everyone, unfortunately the quality went down when I uploaded it to youtube, so you can’t see any of that.


If you’re only going to watch one of the videos watch this one, it’s more entertaining.


I actually have the starting solo for this one too, but Shalene missed it.


So that was lots of fun, memorizing choreography, and building confidence to sing solos and such, even though they were all like one measure solos :P
Speaking of Choreography, I somehow ended up as a background dancer for two of my friends in the Mr. EAC contest. I have about half of one of them recorded if you want to watch it.
This is Rex. He’s super good at just about everything and he’s the most stereotypical funny mormon guy I’ve ever met, so he made a compilation of line danceish moves and did that for the talent section of the contest. He actually won the whole thing :D This is only the second half of the dance.

Hopefully that link will work...it won't let me download the video and upload it onto the blog :/

The other one I helped with was Spencer Udall's Brazilian Dance. He got off his mission literally 3 weeks ago from Brazil and is still kinda in Love with the place. It was a really last minute kind of thing though, we hadn’t even heard the song before we performed it. I don’t have a video of this one, but it was really fun.


Speaking of dances I got 2nd place at the YSA dance contest during last nights YSA dance :D Who woulda thought that I could actually dance!? Haha. I didn’t even want to do it, the DJ Called me out and made me try out haha.


So besides all the dancing and singing stuff, I’ve had a few opportunities to add to the list of “awesome stuff I can say I’ve done” Such as going train hopping! Me and my friend Ryan (He’s my Australian friend, you’ll probably read lots about him some time) were walking our friend Andreana home after a party at 1:30. Then when we came back we saw that the train was coming, so we put some coins on the tracks (to make legit looking guitar picks for my new guitar :D) and stood back and watched. I was just saying how cool it would be to go train hopping like hobos in the old days, when I saw an open cart on the train, so I ran and jumped in :D It was such an adrenalin rush! It was awesome. I didn’t actually want to ride it anywhere since I don’t know where it goes, so I jumped off relatively quickly. It wasn’t going too fast so it wasn’t all that dangerous. When I got home I looked up where the train goes, and it runs down the main street right through Safford. So if I’m ever out when it goes by again, I’m going to hop on and take it to walmart in Safford. Then hitch a ride home with any college kids I know there (I’ve never not seen someone I know at wal-mart...especially in the wee hours of the mornin’).
A few other memorable points for this week might be:
-I stayed out till 6am once, think that’s the latest I’ve ever been out.
-I kissed a girl upside down spider man style
-I went roof hopping, lots of fun :D
Actually all of those were in one night, I think that was last Friday maybe?
If I try and tell any of those stories, this email will end up ridiculously long, so I won’t.


Actually this will probably be a really long post regardless, simply because I haven’t written anything for three weeks, so alot has happened.


Last Sunday I made my “constitution” or the rules and standards for my college experience, in addition to a list of goals and things I want to accomplish this year.


Freshman year bucket list.
-Tube down the canal
-Knee bored in canal
-Catch a duck and release it in a friend’s apartment
-Ice cave spelunking
-Repel the dam
-Ride a horse through campus
-Learn a good serenade song on uke, guitar, and piano
-Train hop to walmart
-Mattress surf
-Become as good of a beatboxer as Rylen
-Become good enough at parkour to go to a performance with team Moz
-Become a true Gila monster by kissing on a full moon under the clock tower. (almost did that last Thursday...but thought better of it)
-Go to Mexico (maybe paraglide in Mexico?!)
-Convert someone
Try something new every week I’m here.


That’s just the goal list, I don’t think I’ll type out my standards list, ‘cause that’d be kinda weird...
Angelo (my old work out partner from high school) challened me to do the 100 Push up challenge with him. So we're both doing 100 push ups a night and checking to keep each other honest. I think I'm going to start throwing in some abb work pretty soon as well.


For the sake of length I think I’ll leave it at that. I hope I haven’t made any loving family members too concerned, just know that I know what I’m doing pretty well, I haven’t/don’t make stupid mistakes all that often and I’ve been keeping my grades up pretty well. So...don’t worry, be happy :)
Oh and I didn’t tell you, I’m the “Pa” in our family home evening group...so I get to plan/assign FHE every week, which means I can choose really fun family activities like the whipped cream game :D
That is all, Buenas Noches! (oh yah, I’m learning Spanish from my Mexican friends, just so you now..haha)
Love, Bryce

P.S. Sorry, I just thought of this. I went to Safeway today (well technically yesterday), and they had a whole gluten free wall! And a refigerated gluten free section! And their tags through out the store tell you if the product is gluten free! It's like heaven for me! :D Here's a pic of the wall :D
Goodnight Everyone!

P.P.S
So this doesn't really have anything to do with me, but I was just thining of FHE, which made me remember when I used to show the family funny Youtube videos that people would show me...So...a few that are trending right now that I like are..


It might be pretty weird...but the old man on the chair...freaking hilarious haha. Or maybe that's just me. Idk.
Another old one that is just fun to quote is:
This might just be funny to me because of all the awkward fun times I've had with German people. But still, who doesn't enjoy a bit of potty humor? Haha
Ok I'm done, for realz this time.

1 comment: